[rescue] A Question about Snap Servers

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 2 00:27:30 CDT 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>> And it still won't route packets any faster.
>
> Hmmm... I think this depends on how many clients it is serving.

If a box can saturate 10Mbit Ethernet running a web server, it can
surely route faster than my cable modem can keep up.

> Given the size of ROM these days, there is no reason they could not have
> a serial BIOS on every motherboard sold, just disabled by default.
>
> You would think the factories and OEMs would want this for better
> automated testing.

I'm sure they have it--they just swap images as a last step in
production because it would confuse the gamerzzz.

--
Jonathan Patschke )"We're Germans and we use Unix.  That's a combination
Elgin, TX        (  of two demographic groups known to have no sense of