[rescue] Non-Fcode PCI VGA in U5?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 29 09:03:26 CDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Apr 2004, Meelis Roos wrote:

> Well, if I don't connect the keyboard I get the console on serial port.
> If keyboard is present then nothing appears there.

Perhaps that machine had a second framebuffer in it, like a Raptor.  Check
pcib-probe in the nvram.  If it's set to 1,3, it's skipping the onboard
framebuffer during OpenBoot initialization.  Set it to 1,2,3.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."