[rescue] new house

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Sat Apr 10 12:40:11 CDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 12:02:15PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2004, at 10:06 AM, Nadine Miller wrote:
> >As for power, I would expect that those records are not a matter of
> >public record, so the police would require probable cause before
> >getting a warrant for the records from the power company.
>   There was an incident of this kind fairly recently, all over the
> news.  I don't have a URL handy, but it was maybe three weeks ago.
> Apparently they were just scanning the power bills for high ones.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0330044pot1.html

The police contend that a drug dog got a positive indication by sniffing
around their garage door. IANAL, but, that seems to be something that
might require a warrant as well since it's on their property. Oh yeah.
They also put their trash out just before it was to be collected. Yep.
Those are things that only people making pot would do!