[rescue] Danger Sidekick/hiptop cellphone/pda with SSH

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun Sep 28 11:19:01 CDT 2003

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 01:25 PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Dave McGuire said ...
>> On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 03:54 PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>>> What is this thing, who sells it, how much does it cost to acquire,
>>> cost to run, etc.?
>>
>>    It's everything a mobile phone should be, except for laptop
>> connectivity.  Developed by Danger, Inc., and sold by T-Mobile.  See
>> http://www.tmobile.com/.
>
> So I figured from googling "danger sidekick", but I can't find the
> Sidekick's specs among all the marketing fluff on Danger's or
> T-mobile's
> sites.  I always assume that if the price is hard to find, it's too
> much.
>
> Companies that sell tech goodies really ought to button on the front
> page
> that takes you directly to a page with specs and prices.  They could
> label
> it "Geeks click here."

They won't sell it to you without a plan (cell phone waltz).

I'd offer to sell you one, but I probably can't get one.  Cheapest
place is likely Amazon.com.  They often offer their own rebates on
top of the cell provider/hardware rebate.  You could, at one time,
get a B&W Sidekick for free from Amazon when they were trying to
clear the channel.

=Nadine=