[rescue] For fans of much older stuff: www.6502.org

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Fri Oct 31 13:55:23 CST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Scott Newell wrote:

> >processors). Apparently I used to scare the hell out of people at school
> >by writing and debugging stuff in machine code (via a hex-based monitor
>
> Machine code--that's hard core!

I did the same thing, on the 6502 in an Apple ][+.

I remember being in high school, and the computer teacher said that he
would consider it very helpful (hint hint automatic good grade) if I could
make it so that there single copy of Apple logo could be run on multiple
computers. He said the otherwise they could not teach the course, as they
could only afford a single copy. He was hoping I could have it ready by
next semester (2 months), and was he ever surprised when I had it done in
less than a minute! Do I feel guilty for pirating software? Not at all.
Kids were started two years earlier than they would otherwise have been.
Is it illegal? Most liekly. But it's been over seven years (over 18 years
in fact) so I am safe.

You see that's what I liked about the 6502 and the apple, it was the only
computer that I knew everything about.

To keep this on topic, I have some Apple ][ hardware in surplus for those
in need. I have some 2+ motherboards, some software, misc. stuff...anyone
need? I should OCR some of those books...