[rescue] Interesting bit on Multics

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Oct 27 10:20:39 CST 2003

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. [mailto:rescue at hawkmountain.net] on Monday, October 27,
2003 9:51 AM said;

> So.. I'll </soapbox> now.... I have yet to really here a story (from
> friends/associates) of a headhunter actually having done anything
> particularly good for anyone I know (at least during this economy).

I dealt with one really good guy in the head-hunter industry; summer of
2000.

I interviewed at their office, with the HH and (briefly) his manager.  Then
we drove across town to talk to the hiring manager at UT Southwest.  All was
set, and then the IT folks at UT Southwest decided to reorganize and the
opportunity (and it was a good one) was put 'on hold' for several weeks.  In
the meantime my current employer came through with an offer.

He was stand up (as far as I can tell) during the entire process.  After the
op was put 'on hold' he introduced me to an unemployment networking group,
encouraged me to do 'what I needed to do' rather than waiting for UT SW to
stop diddling around.

Last I heard he'd left the head hunting business.  Maybe that says something

~brian