[rescue] SCSI, at Length

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Oct 23 22:24:09 CDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:09:16PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > Is $localvendor the place where the name starts with an "a" and ends with
> > an "x" ?  Out on I35, just north of 183?
>
> Yep.  They don't even carry differential terminators anymore.  It's sad,
> but they're turning into an all-desktop-PC shop, it seems.

You are lucky, if that is just now starting to happen.

My area ceased to have anything non-mainstream nearly 10 years ago.

Some places hung on for awhile, but about 5 years ago it pretty
well just all went away.

The only places left are like the local it-just-will-not-die Mac store,
which sells old narrow SCSI cables for about $50 each.