[rescue] Ultra 1e price question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 17:10:40 CDT 2003

--- William Barnett-Lewis <wlewis at mailbag.com> wrote:
> Got a little more info on it - no disk, no frame buffer, 192 mb ram,
> 170e. If I got it, I would need (IIUC) a SCA disk and some variety of
> horizontal creator frame buffer? How expensive do those run these
> days?

Well, a disk sled is between $10-30 (based on urgency, where you look,
etc.), and a framebuffer is pretty affordable too.

Now that you know what it is, take a look at eBay and see what you can
get for the same money... You could easily spend $100 making this a
"complete" U1-170e (adding framebuffer, disk (or two), and
keyboard/mouse if needed).

At $100, it gets hard to be pleased with that "deal".

I could send you a similar system (U1-170e, disk, creator framebuffer,
and CD-ROM) for $100, and you wouldn't have to search for the bits...

Unless searching for the bits is what makes it fun for you ;^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall