[rescue] IBM RS600 AIX 4.3 Boot / Devices

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 21 16:16:16 CDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, jnlk wrote:

> thks for responding. How do I get it to boot from the CD - I have the AIX
> Vol 1 of 4 CD's in the CD Drive but it does not boot - I get no output from
> the serial port either - the led display on the computer displays messages.

I'm not familar with the G30, but, given that it's a 7012, it should
have a keyswitch.  Plug in a serial terminal, set the keyswitch to
"Service", and start the system with the CD in the CD drive.  The system
should ask you which device you'd like to use to start the system (after
much silent POSTing, anyway).

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire