[rescue] PHP for Solaris?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Oct 21 15:36:23 CDT 2003

Not that I have anything against Linux... (I worked on 4 chapters in
a book on Linux)... but all the world is a Linux box doesn't hold
true for me....

(actually I don't currently have a Linux box but I have plans to set
one up soon... to run Asterisk VOIP stuff)

computers at my house that run 24x7:

Ultra 60 running Solaris 8
P200MMX running Solaris 8 for Intel (file server, mail server, etc)
i486 running FreeBSD (2 of these on each end of a AT&T Wavelan
wireless link (pre 802.11b !))
My wife's PC running Windows 98SE

My personal PC (games/real MS Office when needed) runs Windows 98SE
but it only gets a few hours per month of use... it isn't a 24x7 box)

The Linux religous zealotry really bugs me... I like Linux, and I
think there are some really great things about it (I have used it
on and off since Kernel 0.97 (or earlier) days... back in the days
of SLS distro).... but I've never "preached" Linux as so many people
in the Linux community tend to do so.

I even had an issue with a response from a letter to the editor in
the latest Linux Journal.... having to do with if all software was
written freely, how would programmers get paid....  while the editor's
response had some merit... it was cold and had the taste of the
religous Linux zealotry....

I'm all for Linux, but leave religion out of it :-)

</soapbox> <!-- but given what I said, probably not for long :-) -->

-- Curt