[rescue] OT: job leads

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Oct 20 17:39:30 CDT 2003

On Saturday, October 18, 2003, at 11:30 AM, N.Miller wrote:

> Went to BayLISA Thurs. night, and a fellow from the
> x86 group at Sun said they were looking for 64-bit
> and 32-bit device driver developers.

It's more than one position: device drivers for x86 and
also porting.

Further details as I promised:

"For the device driver positions we're looking for people with device
driver
experience of course, and preferably on Solaris using Sun's ddk/ddi. We
prefer to get x86 experience, but if they have experience writing device
drivers under UNIX/Linux (Linux, *BSD, AIX, HP-UX, etc...), that would
be a
plus.

The positions can be located in either L.A. or Menlo Park, so Sun is
flexible
in where they're located. They will need to be in one of the facilities.

We're not as picky about what drivers they've written in the past as
much as
we are that they have device driver experience.

For the porting positions, Sun is looking for people with experience
with 32
bit and 64 bit porting, understanding what needs to be done for code to
exist
in both environments and hopefully having worked with actual porting
efforts
in the past. Excellent C/C++ skills are a plus, as is x86 experience.
In this
case Solaris SPARC work is also desirable as the codebase compiles
across
both."

Again, if you are interested, drop me a line, and I'll get you in
touch with the guy.

=Nadine=