[rescue] Employed - Unemployed numbers on the Rescue List

Paul paul at techcenter3000.com
Sat Oct 18 23:19:39 CDT 2003

Well, I'm underemployed, does that count? I freelance and catch work
wherever I can. Since I can't really afford to advertise, most of my
business comes from word of mouth. Which is funny, since right now, it's
mostly hand to mouth living! :)

But hey, I made it by for 6 months cause one of my longtime clients loaned
me an RV, rent-free, for almost 9 months when my last job went under. (And
still payed me for work done!) That's what I call a _LOYAL_ client.

Officially reported? I wonder if that's done just so after 6 months (average
unemployment max pay term), the stats look better regardless, thereby
leading people to think the 'economy' is looking up, and thereby
bootstrapping it into doing so?

Reminds me of the saying: Never attribute to malice that which can be
explained by simple stupidity or apathy.

Ah well, back to VB4 to pay a bill or two.

TTYL
Paul