[rescue] AIX & RS/6000

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Oct 18 13:38:45 CDT 2003

On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 11:16 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 02:16 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>>>    That's the Purify people, right?
>>
>> However, they're also the ClearCase people.  *puke*

Ditto that.  Their CC admin training is equally ridiculous.
Trouble-shooting: "go look at the logs located in /foo/logs"
(yes, that was it).  *shake*  My favorite is telling $job-1
that you could support a >1million lines of code in a CC
server running on an SS20 with 512MB of RAM and 9GB of disk.
Try dual U2 with 2GB and 40GB RAID (still slow).

>   Ahh yes.  I've been in denial about that.

My image of Dave has been shattered.  I'd have thought
he'd just destroyed it instead of being in denial. ;-)

=Nadine=