[rescue] SCSI, at Length

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Oct 17 11:41:51 CDT 2003

Can anyone recommend a vendor that sells long high-quality differential
SCSI cables?  A shielded cable with twisted pairs would be prefered, as
the run is -really- long--15 meters or so, and $localVendor can't seem
to do that.  Someone in Texas or who can deliver on short notice would
be excellent.

This is for connecting $tapeSilo's robot to $server.  No, they can't be
moved closer together.  Management said so.  If we turned the tape drive
around and squeezed it up against the server cabinet, it would look
"less impressive and not worth the money we paid for it."

I can accomodate them (that's one of the strengths of differential
SCSI), but the reasoning behind it just makes me ill.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire