[rescue] wanted: diskimage for sun3 architecture

James Birdsall jwbirdsa at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 00:45:52 CDT 2003

>From: "sammy ominsky" <s at avoidant.org>
> Wow. Around here, cable is the same price as dialup. $20/month.

In Seattle, $20 won't even get you cable TV. Cable internet is $45 a month
and you can't run servers. I might be able to afford it if I canceled my
current ISP and phone line... if it becomes available where I am. Even then,
I'm not sure I want to rely on a cable company for access, since it's a side
business for them at best. I've heard too many stories, and I don't know
whether the company here has a clue about being an ISP or not.

The cheapest server-running option would be going back to a dedicated POTS
line at $80 a month ISP plus the phone line. Since I'm currently making
about $-200 a month, that's definitely not an option.

--James B.