[rescue] SGI Indigo 2: Subtle Differences

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Oct 14 17:17:55 CDT 2003

Having had a stack of Teal Indigo 2 boxes... there are two different
"chimes"... some of the Teal have newer ROMs (I think the units
generally with 250MHZ processors) and have a chime like the Purple
Indigo 2 boxes....

However, they are definately different.... if the two sound the same but
one sounds cheasier... maybe the Audio sub card is on it's way out on
the "cheesier" unit.  If you find that to be the case, contact me as I
have some tested good audio sub cards.

-- Curt