[rescue] Need SGI part.

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Oct 13 13:56:39 CDT 2003

Arjen Ronhaar said ...

> I'm desperately looking for a 3.5" driv4e sled for an Indigo2.
> Does anybody have a spare that he wants to sell en ship?

I thought I had a spare to offer you, but I can't find it.

I've bought sleds off eBay, where the going price seems to be about US$25.
Considering that my son just bought a decent, complete, loaded I^2 for
US$50, the eBAY price for sleds is ridiculous, but it seems to be the price.
Add shipping to .nl, and it gets really silly.

I just wish I had a machine that could turn old FeeCees into parts for real
computers.  Imagine something like the pie machine in "Chaiken Run."  You
put old PCs into one end, set the knobs, and get real computer parts out the
other.

"What kind of parts?"

Not Apple parts .... Sun spuds.  SGI Sleds.  SCSI cables.  Hard drives.
True-parity SIMMs.  All the stuff that we end up having to buy for our
"free" rescued computers.

-Shel