[rescue] VOIP

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sun Oct 12 22:43:23 CDT 2003

On Sunday, Oct 12, 2003, at 19:17 US/Eastern, Al Potter wrote:

> The other compelling feature that's been quoted to me (for Vonage) is
> the
> ability to travel with the phone

Yep. I'm taking mine with me to Israel. Even if the voice quality isn't
good enough for commercial use, it's fine for family and friends
contact, and it will be my primary means of keeping in touch with my
wife and kids before they come to join me in Israel.

I'm also hoping to get decent results from Apple's iChatAV, but that's
a long shot, I know.

---sambo