[rescue] Trade?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Oct 11 01:09:11 CDT 2003

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 01:54 AM, H.H. wrote:
>>    Wow sir, in case nobody else has pointed it out, I feel the need to
>> inform you that you're an asshole.
>
> Gee, nothing worthwhile to support your case so you resort to
> childish namecalling?

   That's a quaint, old, and completely useless defense.  But read on,
this is just becoming interesting!

>  I'm an asshole because I expect equal treatment for
> everyone; myself included? Shame on me. I'd better get back to work
> with
> the rest of the slaves before "Massa" comes down on me... You've got a
> pretty twisted way of looking at things; I'll give you that.

   This is a community with rules.  You don't make those rules, because
you don't own it.  If you can't get along, get the fuck out.  Everyone
else plays by the rules, at least most of the time.  Call that
"twisted" if you like, but somehow I suspect you're in the minority.

> I believe you are projecting *your*  shortcomings on to me, sir.
> After all, who started the unprovoked namecalling?

   Wow, I sure did.  Turns out it was a good choice, too, because...yep,
you guessed it, you're an asshole!  End of story.

   Anybody here disagree?  Somehow I doubt it.

   Traditional "take the high ground" argument-winning tactics don't
work here.

> OK, Qusay, point taken.  I hadn't realized the totalitarianism involved
> here.
> My mistake.

   Hmm, interesting world you live in.  Howbout I come strolling into
your house and take a dump on your coffee table?  You wouldn't like
that, would you?  It's the same thing...you'd get pissed about it.  And
if your neighbor was over for dinner at the time, he'd probably help
you escort me out.  Should I whine about "totalitarianism" in that
case?  Well, we're in Bill's house, and you just pissed off a lot of
his guests by dropping a big steaming log on his coffee table.

   I don't know why you're having so much trouble understanding this
concept.  You seem to have a sense of entitlement...perhaps a few
sessions with a psychologist might help.

> Although maybe I shouldn't say that as you are *not* Bill and are only
> seeming
> to put words in his mouth in order to inflame the conversation and it
> wouldn't be fair
> of me to make such a statement, even in jest, based upon someone's,
> other
> than Bill's,
> actions.

   Good choice.  I don't care to inflame a conversation...I was just
pointing out the fact that you're an asshole.  There are a lot of
assholes in the world, and many of them don't realize it.  I was trying
to do you a service.  It's like, if we're sitting in a restaurant and
you've got a booger hanging out of your nose or something.  I might
discreetly mention "hey man, you might wanna check your nose." ...as a
service.  You could say "thank you", but somehow I think you probably
won't.

   Also...Bill and I have known each other a long time, but I still
don't think he'll let me put anything in his mouth, and I'm not about
to try, as he'd probably pummel me into a thin pink paste.

> Of course. As will you. We're all adults here..... Well, at least I
> thought
> that we
> were

   Well, most of us are.  You, however, seem to like to stroll into
someone else's sandbox and start whining about not being able to do
what you want with someone else's toys.  Who's being childish here,
again?  I seem to have forgotten.  Perhaps you could remind me, if
you're quite finished being an asshole.

   Further, I thank you for this opportunity to vent, I feel much
better.  It takes a true asshole such as yourself to forcefully *drag*
the stress out of a man so effectively.  I owe you one.  Now that I'm
feeling so nice and relaxed, I'm going to bed.

   Catch everyone tomorrow!

           -Dave