[rescue] Trade?

brooke brooke at gravitt.org
Thu Oct 9 20:57:34 CDT 2003

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 04:57 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   This is far from heresy.  You're looking to swap some good, fast
> RISC UNIX boxes for a different kind of good, fast RISC UNIX box.
>
>   There is absolutely nothing "toy" about recent Mac hardware.

Note: Tongue-in-cheek!

> Huh?  Hey, my offer wasn't THAT much lower than your asking price.
> I'd come up a bit.

Just joking! I was referring to the possibility of being hypnotized by
the blinkenlights in your datacenter. You could probably devise such a
circuit that would put guests under some sort of spell, or at least
make them have convulsions. Plus, you could trigger fan/disk noise to
give a full mind-altering trip.

I wonder... Can someone get stoned from a properly configured data
center?