[rescue] IBM thin clients - any info?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Oct 9 18:52:56 CDT 2003

As I recall, 'sammy ominsky' wrote:
> >  How about
> > the feasability of using a Motorola A920 in the US?  It's
> > available in Europe and is a world phone, so it SHOULD work
> > here but until I see someone else doing it I don't want to
> > risk the money.)
>
> Ooooohhhh. Should work. I'm going to see how much they are and if i can
> get my hands on one. I'm in the market for a new phone, and with
> bluetooth it's mighty attractive.

Please keep me posted!

They SHOULD work and are cheaper than the P800 with possibly
better specs, but 3 have supposedly locked them down as far
as installing new apps.  They should be unlockable since
obviously 3 has no influence here, but... but...
Also, bluetooth requires a firmware patch to enable, but
the capability is in there.  I'm not ready to risk it yet.

The P900 (P800 with a few refinements) is due shortly, so
perhaps the P800 will plummet in price.

This decision would be so much easier if Nokia would make
their Communicator with GPRS.  Morons.  A year ago this was
the only close contender when I got the sidekick.

Also, have you seen the BenQ?

-DanD

# If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We
# might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. -DEEP THOUGHTS