[rescue] SGI PS/2 keyboards

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Oct 9 11:38:54 CDT 2003

On 2003.10.09 16:33 Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Other than looks, is there any difference between the SGI grey and
> granite PS/2 keyboards?  Which PS/2 keyboard feels most like the old
> Onyx keyboards (the granite ones, since I seem to recall also seeing
> an older beige one once).
I know of two / three types of old SGI PS/2 keyboards:
- beige, looks similar to the keyboards for Personal IRIS, Part No:
9500829
- same as the 9500829 but with granite skins, Part No: 9500900
- newer granite keyboard (that came with the O2 / Octane?) Part No:
062-0002-001

The older keyboards are made by Alpps and use the same key switch
mechanics as the Personal IRIS keyboard. The newer is made by "NMB
Technologies INC."
(The Personal IRIS keyboard I have in front of me is Part No: 9500801.)

I use 9500829 / 9500900 for everything that has PS/2 and a head: Octane,
Indigo2, Alpha WPS 500au. They are the best keyboards I touched.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen