[rescue] Advice on Octanes

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Mon Oct 6 07:42:31 CDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 05:43:21AM -0500, Joshua Snyder wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> > > Graphics board: SI with texture option
> >

> Yeah, I am not sure what I am going to do with it... I don't think that I
> am going to do much that will be helped by the Tram.

You might be surprised.  Games, of course, will use the TRAM.  Many
multimedia programs, like mplayer, etc, will use the TRAM.  A few 2D
graphics programs (like Pagamento,
http://webs.ono.com/usr003/cesarblecua/pegamento.html) use TRAM as well
(many would benefit from being written to do so, but historically cross
platform programs don't use GL as much as Irix specific ones).  Unless
you are really tight for money, keep the TRAM.