[rescue] Weird Silicon Graphics o2 graphics issues

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Thu Oct 2 15:46:56 CDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 04:30:06PM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> The whole video architecture of the Atari 8 bit amazes me still to
> this day....

http://www.xgamestation.com/

16bit video game console.  Use any video artchitecture you want by
defining it in the FPGA that drives the video out.

I personally do wish that they had made it a 32bit chip.  Not a 32bit
chip that would be competetive with modern consoles, but perhaps
something like a 25mhz SH2 or ARM chip with a 24bit or larger flat
address space.