[rescue] Weird Silicon Graphics o2 graphics issues

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Thu Oct 2 06:30:53 CDT 2003

> > > But some programis like Mozilla (and all other
> > > browsers based on the mozilla core), mplayer etc show
> > > mangled colormap. There are quite several of them.
> > Private color map for each programm?
>
> The thing is that PseudoColor lets you choose which 256 colors you
> want to use.  It is a "read-write" visual, meaning the application can
> change the colors.  Thus if there are two programs, when focus changes
> between them they re-write the colormap table with no regard to what
> the other program is doing.

Well, the problem is different from typical private color map effect
where the window in focus gets the right colors and the others don't.
The windows in focus get garbled colors and others get the right colors.
I haven't tried different window manager yet but I believe this is not a
WM problem since the windows receive focus fine.

Does mozilla use private color map on a 8-bit X by default?

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)