[rescue] VSIMMS

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Thu Oct 2 02:16:48 CDT 2003

"Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." wrote:

> That sounds like the 24 bit graphics for the SS5... a different beast.

Uhm... Now that would make an interesting setup for, say, an SS5-170.
I don't know HOW many times I've tried searching for AFX cards for a
descent price, now they are in "plentiful" state. How irritating.

> The SS20 uses (I remember the name now) Auxiliary video adapter (I
> think that's the name).  It really is not much more than a wiring
> adapter for a special plug on the motherboard to a 13W3 in the rear
> (at least I think that is all it is).  It is not a video board as
> it requires the VSIMM in the second slot... without it it would do
> nothing.

AFAIK, the aux video board for the SS20 is carved out of solid
unobtanium, and if you find one, it'll probably carve a huge black hole
in the wallet. This, ofcourse, may have changed over the years...

/Bjorn