[rescue] OT: spectrum analyzers available

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 1 20:30:06 CDT 2003

   This is a long shot...but is anyone here interested in buying a
spectrum analyzer?  I have two available.  I'm considering purchasing a
new one, but it's too much money to spend unless I sell my other ones.

   The first is an HP 141T.  It's got the hard-to-find 8555A RF section,
which goes from 10MHz to 18GHz.  Sure, it's quite old, but it's in
near-mint condition and works *great*.  Built like a tank, and sorta
looks like one.

   The second is a really sweet, all-digital Marconi 2380/2382 which
covers 100Hz-400MHz.  Self-calibrating, built-in tracking generator,
on-screen display of all parameters, fully remote controllable via
HP-IB...very, very high-tech.  It's got some little dings here and
there, but it's in very good condition overall.  It also has very handy
printed plastic pull-out "cheat sheets" for front-panel and remote
control functions.  This is an extremely versatile unit...it lets you
pick apart any signal in any way you want.

   Both have rackmount ears and handles, and good CRTs.

   Pics available upon request.

           -Dave