[rescue] Getting steadily further from [intended epithet] rescue

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Oct 1 16:06:41 CDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:32:35PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> Ok, I gotta ask....was the proving FOR the viper done ON the viper? :)

I don't recall what they used for the proof of correctness; I just know
they did not use anything for the proof that they could not guarantee to
have no flaws.  There was a LOT of handwork involved, and checking and
re-checking and re-checking again.  I think it took them several years
just to prove the correctness of the design.