[rescue] OT: FeeCee rescue

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Oct 1 14:54:52 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 05:32 AM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

>>> I use a MIPS-based computer to do that.  Guess which one?
>>
>> I thought you used a PPC-derivative.
>
> I believe he has a PS2.  The only PPC derivative I know of is the
> gamecube.

One of my Mac friends recently rationalized an Xbox (used)
purchase by saying, "This will prevent me from having to
buy a PC to game on."  When I told him M$ would still get
money from it (we recently had a philosophical discussion
about the fact that putting any $ in M$'s pocket is,
essentially, putting a $ into the pocket of an entity trying
to get rid of every UNIX sys admin on the planet), he said,
"Not if I only buy used games."

Still seems like a bargain with the devil to me.

=Nadine=