[rescue] Getting steadily further from [intended epithet] rescue

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 12:23:30 CDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:08:26 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> *nod*  So I've heard.  I've been told that SGI never gained any
> significant market penetration in the UK;

I don't know about significant, but SGI probably sold a reasonable
amount of kit in the UK as they've got UK offices. The UK drug companies
use SGI's by the truckload, and they seem to be liked in academentia.
The UK's car designers also seem to have used SGI's (2 of my 3 SGI's
came out of car design shops).

> course, virtually no-one in the US has ever heard of ICL or the RSRE
> Viper chip.

I haven't heard of the RSRE Viper.