[rescue] FS/FT: Sun Ultra 30 - middling specifications... [SOLD]

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Nov 15 13:10:21 CST 2003

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 10:58:37AM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> The Ultra 30 appears sold - thanks!
>
> Question:
>
> What would folks think about posting "private" ebay auctions for our
> stuff? The idea would be that the listing would only be available to
> those "alerted" to the auction (rescue. geeks mail list), and then we
> could all see long descriptions, photos, bid against each other, etc.
> without jamming everyones inboxes with these kinds of notes?

I'm not quite certain how one makes such a thing "private" on eBay.
However, if anyone is interested in actually doing something like this, I
have a buy/sell/trade/barter system available online already which is not
being used for its original planned clientele.  It would be no more than
an hour or so of work to repurpose it as a Rescue barter site.  (Bill, I
could even just send you a copy of the code to host on mrbill.net if you
want.)  Why deal with eBay overhead if we just want a private service?