[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sat Nov 15 10:18:19 CST 2003

On Friday, Nov 14, 2003, at 23:08 Asia/Jerusalem, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> Nah.  More a "meaty" smell.  I really don't remember taking a deep
> whiff,
> but the memory I associated with my dog's afterbirth was the same
> smell you
> get around a freshly butchered critter, with a light touch of gag due
> what it was.  No crap smell, however.

Nope, no crap smell whatsoever. I was present when my wife gave birth
to our daughter, and I saved the placenta. Smelled meaty, is all.
Double-wrapped and stuck it in the freezer, then planted it under a
tree once we had a house (which we've now sold).

I would NOT have considered eating it.

---sambo