[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Nov 14 15:24:53 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> --- Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez <lefa at ucsc.edu> wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Scott Newell wrote:
>
> > <Bluto mode> Holy Shit! </Bluto mode>
> >
> > Doesn't the placenta smell like crap since it contains all the
> > liquids the baby has been producing during gestation?
>
> Remember, the baby doesn't eat normal "food" - so the waste product
> isn't like "normal" crap...
>
> They really live off the blood stream of the mother (I believe - I am
> not a student of Biology, in fact, I was a poor student of Biology in
> high school ;^), but the baby produces *very* little waste in the womb.

My SO is a medical doctor, and as far as she has told me birth besides
being the miracle of life, it is also the first sobbering encounter with
the reality of life: I.e. births smell like crap because the babies are
born with a LOT of waste bi-products. I.e. pee and what not, pee is steril
for all intents and purpose, even as an adult you pee is steril... however
leave that urine sitting for a few weeks and smell the power!