[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Fri Nov 14 13:06:03 CST 2003

Kevin Loch [mailto:kloch at gurunet.net] on Friday, November 14, 2003 12:51 PM
said;

Scott Newell wrote:

> > I was told (by a trusted teacher, solid source) that one of my high
school
> > biology teachers cooked and ate placenta when the wifee shot one out.
> > Sounds sick, but now I'm wondering if maybe it's not quite as uncommon
as I
> > first thought.  Still, ewww!
> >

> Mother cats usually eat the placenta and any blood so there is no trace
> of the birth (except for the kittens).

Both of our dogs have done that with their placenta.  The first time I saw
the placenta just sitting there I went to get a towel to pick up the horrid
mess, turned back, and she was just finishing it off.  I've seen things that
ranked higher on the gross scale, but that was pretty bad.

Back to Rescue ... um ... a critter eating her placenta is like .. um .. Sun
using their own kit in-house?

brian