[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Nov 14 09:39:28 CST 2003

On Nov 14, 2003, at 12:34 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Eh...emulator != computer.
>
>   Of course now I realize I typed "KLH10" when I meant "XKL"...which
> is quite gorgeous and ridiculously overpriced.
>
>       -Dave

Yes indeed.  I was doing some browsing on the KL10 and the DecSystem
2020.  It appears that Paul Allen of MS fame... and I guess I can say
that since I didn't realize until this moment that he left them in
1983... has or had a publicly available PDP-10 that appears to be an
XKL online and is a PDP-10 enthusiast.

I now have more respect for one member of Microsoft's founding body...
I'll never respect BillG... and the other one isn't even worth
naming... that's how little respect I have for Monkey boy.

Andrew