[rescue] 6809 processors...

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Thu Nov 13 21:09:27 CST 2003

At 09:01 PM 11/13/2003 -0600, Paul wrote:
>6809's were nice. Hitachi (IIRC) came out with the 6309 which was a 'souped

Hey, I forgot about that.  I've seen quite a few 6309s in load cell
indicators.  Maybe I should repurpose/rescue one as a dev kit.

>amazing in what you could do on a very cpu/ram/storage limited machine. A
>multitasking GUI system in 64k? Yep. In case you're wondering, the consumer
>machine was the Radio Shack Color Computer. (The RS MC-10 used a 6803

I was afraid the CoCos would come out if I mentioned the 6809.  ;-)  (And
yes, I remember hanging out and being told by a Rat Shack guy that it even
had on chip multiply...that was a big deal then!)  Did they really run a
multitasking OS?  Was it preemptive?

newell