[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Nov 13 15:55:22 CST 2003

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 04:11 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>>   I will get it to you when I have a chance.  It's looking like I will
>> be moving soon, and that'll be a very big project for me, so I doubt
>> I'll power up the RTs before that.
>
> <southpark> what what WHAAAT? </southpark>
>
> Details, man...  I thought you were buying the house you're in?

   I'm under a lease-purchase agreement, and my rental term has expired.
  I have a contractually-guaranteed price of about $92K on this house,
and the owners came up and basically said "Hey, we hope you've enjoyed
renting the house from us, it's now time to buy it...and we'll give you
the extra-low price of $105K!"  Then, a few days later, they sent me
another note saying basically "Uhhh, we have been looking at other
houses in the area and we may have quoted you a price that is too
low...Let's get together and renegotiate the price."

   I have good legal ground (breach of contract) to argue the point, but
after pulling this stunt at the last minute, I don't want to do
business with them.  Further, this house is FAR too small for me, it's
a two-hour drive to my girlfriend's area (which she's stuck in due to
her job), and frankly, this house is a fucking dump.

   So I'm looking at new houses in the Cape Coral area.  It is nice down
there (except for the *&^#$* mosquitos) and there are brand-new houses
that are very inexpensive.  It looks like I will need to move within
the next six weeks.

          -Dave