[rescue] What did I just find? Radeon 7000?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Nov 13 15:11:08 CST 2003

On Nov 13, 2003, at 1:09 PM, nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com wrote:

> Whoa.  If you run across any more of those - in PCI form - I'll be
> happy to buy one or two off you.  I have two PCI Powermacs that could
> use good video of the ATI type.

I'd hold out.  Try and get the Radeon Mac Edition.  The 7000 is not as
good.  They took out some texturing features in the current card.

I also have a copy of the kernel kext for enabling the S-Video/TV-out
on OS X 10.2 and 10.3.  The problem is that their installer never
installs it right unless you're running 10.2.  I had to install 10.2
Server on another drive and install the retail update then manually
copy the TVout kext to Panther.

Also if you want S-Video to a TV set and also a normal computer display
you have to get a DVI-I adapter to VGA and use the digital output for
the monitor.  The VGA just mirrors to the S-Video so you have to set
the display to Simulscan 800x600 or 640x480 if you want display on both
screens.

Andrew