[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Nov 13 14:16:10 CST 2003

> >>    Hmm.
> >>
> >>    I think someone needs to make a modern implementation of that
> >> architecture.  And no, the gorgeous-but-way-overpriced KLH-10 doesn't
> >> count.
> >
> > There are a couple of people implementing the PDP-10 in an FPGA.
>
>    Yeah I've read about that...I wonder if that'll be a complete enough
> implementation to build whole machines around. 8-)

I think that's the plan.  It would be nice to have a PDP-10 the size of
a 5.25" hard drive (or smaller) that had network connectivity and enough
power to handle a few users.

Chances are you'd have to use an IDE drive, though, since I think that's
the storage medium that is being targeted (emulating a MASSBUS device).
You can then use a CF drive and have a fast, quiet PDP-10.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net