[rescue] Modern browser for Solaris?

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Thu Nov 13 11:49:35 CST 2003

Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 03:54  AM, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>
>> I am looking to put Solaris on an old AXi I have and was wondering
>> what is
>> the best modern browser for Solaris these days?
>

> Firebird, from the Mozilla project.

Definately, and thunderbird for email.
Don't forget to check about:config for settings
left out of the options menu.

In particular, I set image.animation_mode to "once"
I can't believe that isn't in the options menu.

Also, with Mozilla or Firebird, go through all the
setting in options/preferences, because they are
all wrong (for me) except for firebird enabling
pop-up blocking by default.