[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Thu Nov 13 08:18:13 CST 2003

>Best current one: The AMD low power chip that is destined to fail. It has
>a MIPS core, with the power draw of an ARM. Too bad no one has any software

The AMD Alchemy series that they bought, correct?  Wasn't there also a
rumor going around that the 32 bit midrange 'home-grown' chinese CPU/SoC
was really just a copy of one 'em?

>for it. If you wanted to start a company and build a device around it they
>would probably give you a million or two chips to play with.

Maybe I should try for some samples or a dev board.  I looked over the
datasheets several months back--looked good.

newell