[rescue] Octane + 10k: too hot?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Nov 13 08:15:40 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:07:38 -0600
Scott Newell wrote:

> I've got one of the Seagate 18.2GB 10k drives on order.  It occurs to
> me(after placing the order!) that it might be a hot runner, as the
> Seagates tend to be.  Think it'll be a problem in an low-end (195MHz /
> 512MB / SI) Octane?  It will be the only drive in the unit.

Shouldn't be a problem.  I've got a 5k 4GB, a 10k 9GB, and a 10k 36GB in
my Octane and I don't have any problems.  Just make sure you keep the
air passages free of dust.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."