[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Thu Nov 13 01:55:51 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> ROMP came out in 1981.  It was first used in the RT in 1986.  Originally,
> it was just used in experimental typewriters and a couple of printers.

Hum... I did not know that, I thought that was the 801... which the ROMP
was based on.

I am saying this because I am going through my papers and the earlies
reference I can find from IBM journal on ROMP is the mid-80s and the
design talks about 84 design expected tape out in 86, there are 801
refferences from the late 70's early 80's. Anyhow, it is interesting then
that IBM had ROMP ready while the 801 was still going on...