[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Thu Nov 13 01:46:54 CST 2003

vance at neurotica.com [vance at neurotica.com] wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
>
> > > 50mhz is a heck of a lot faster than early risc designs running a
> > > 10mhz.  I certainly wasn't suggesting 100-200mhz.  Not everyone needs
> > > to move faster, some of us are just interested in moving better as a
> > > hobby.
> >
> > The earliest commercial RISC I can remember was teh R2000 at 12Mhz,
> > anyways I thought you were talking about the Apple's first riscs PPC (I
> > believe they were like 60Mhz parts).
>
> The IBM ROMP is a bit older than the MIPS R2000, and the early ROMPs run
> at 5.88MHz.

Besides the RT-PC FAQ - is there anywhere some more information on
the ROMP CPU itself?

The FAQ does talk mostly at the h/w-level only about the different RT
and board models, but not the processor design specifically.

Are there still any RT-PC AOS(BSD) users?

        - paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.