[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Thu Nov 13 00:14:07 CST 2003

On Thursday, Nov 13, 2003, at 04:37 Asia/Jerusalem, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I liked the 12" Powerbook, but it seemed a little more fragile than the
> iBook.  And the exta few-hundred dollars really didn't seem like it was
> worth it at the time.

I have the 12" PowerBook, and I can tell you; it may look (and even
feel!) somewhat fragile, but it ain't. The aluminum case has stood up
to what I would consider rough treatment very well, thrown off a chair
by my wife when she was mad at me, dropped on a hard tile floor (while
open! (damned network cable) tossed in an unpadded bag and hauled
around on daily errands, etc.

The one thing I wish I'd bought is Apple's PowerBook cleaning kit. The
aluminum starts to look really bad if you don't clean it properly, and
I'm afraid to use any cleaning chemicals on it.

---sambo