[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Wed Nov 12 19:46:53 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Sorry, I have a hair trigger on the systems front today.  Some
> wonder-weenie actually started in on my in the coffee shop about my
> iBook.  I was talking with someone about Apple's products and how much I
> like them when this dweeb decided that it was his business to butt in
> and tell me what a piece of shit my iBook was because it wasn't 3.2Thz
> and running the latest version of Microsoft Crash-O-Matic.

The thing with old computers is that they are not bad, because most people
computing requirements have not multiplied that much (except for the eye
candy). The only reason why I get a new computer, is not because of the
increased computing power, but rather because they are smaller. I used to
have a few onyxen and Octanes and what not. And most of the time are/were
off just because I really do not have the time to play with them, but when
they are/were on they do my bidding just fine. However at some point I
will have to move to a greener pasture, and well I just need to get a
notebook and probably a PC. I got the PC because I can get some serious
amount of computing out of a small box which I can move easily. I know
that is not the most elegant and whatnot architecture, but for my purposes
it is the lightest :).

 > I should have dead-fished him, instead I threatened to remove his
> manhood if he didn't go back to skulking in the corner.

AS far as I know iBooks are remarkably sturdy, they make perfect throwing
objects, or a nice hand extender for slapping purposes.