[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Nov 12 10:03:34 CST 2003

On 2003.11.12 13:29 Meelis Roos wrote:

> Making a cross-compiler for kernel-level stuff is easy, search for
> cross-gcc-howto.
Sure. A kernel is a single, simple, staticly linked ELF image.

> Having the libs and includes in cross-environment and building real
> applications certainly takes more time.
That is the point. I am sure this will take a lot of source tweaking and
you need other developement tools as well. (make, lex, yacc, *roff,
texinfo, grep, sed, ...) The "native" host tools may not behave linGNUx
like enough.

> Autoconf by itself is usually not a problem,
Autoconf _is_ a problem on anything that is not Linux/i386.
Yes, I don't like autoconf. ;-)
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen