[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Nov 12 08:32:29 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:54:19 -0500
Dave McGuire wrote:

>    This is something that really pisses me off.  My neighbor is a
> stay-at-home mom, *BY CHOICE*.  Her husband goes out and earns the
> money to support the family.  There is no forcing involved...they LIKE
> it this way, and they're happy this way.  Yet she gets a lot of flak
> from hairy-legged women about how she should ditch the guy who is
> "making her do this".

Karin doesn't work.  Her job is rasing the kids and making sure they're
going to be well-adjusted members of society when they grow up, instead
of Suits or career criminals (same thing?).

She was once told that she should go back to work by somone she knew,
becasue that person "Couldn't stand to stay home with the kids all day."
 Her response was "Why the fuck did you have kids?  If you're not going
to put in the time and effort, you should never have done it."

And if anyone thinks stay-at-home moms have it easy, you've got another
thing coming.  :)  I'll work at home from time to time so that Karin can
go run errands, and let me tell you, there's no time for other stuff
while you're being responsible for the kids.  It *is* work.

>    The feminazis need to stay out of other peoples' business.

Hear, hear!

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."