[rescue] Thin clients (was: Big iron)

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Wed Nov 12 07:46:12 CST 2003

A solution that doesn't require any Sun $oftware is using tight VNC with
an axel terminal:
http://www.axel.com/uk/vnc_en.html

They are very small and along with a flat screen and a keyboard with
trackpoint or trackball or a touchscreen, makes for an elegant solution.
I prefer the java card approach of the sunray though for instant on
desktop. I havent found a way to get persistant VNC sessions yet with
the Axel. I run them of a Solaris 9 x86 box for the VNC server (with
gnome, thunderbird and firebird) but almost any big iron would work as
tight vnc is available for practically all platforms.

Francois