[rescue] Sun3 SunOS 4.x help

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Wed Nov 12 01:34:57 CST 2003

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> well.. it has been a while since I did it... but you need to setup
> rarp (so the box can get it's ethernet address from it's on board mac
> address), tftp so it can pull down a bootable binary, and then NFS
> to share out the the install tree.  I think there might be bootparams
> you have to setup too (rpc.bootparamd as I recall).

I haven't read the whole thread (sorry) but if you need my help, contact
me off-list. I have installed Sun 3's before, netboot and tape boot. If
you have a 3/60, it depends on the boot PROM what it will boot from.

Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter at belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"